Hubby and I are like minded in a lot of things and one is not taking drugs. We agreed when we got married that I would not take birth control. We used condoms and I took my temps (bbt) to avoid trying to get pregnant the first 6 months we were married. Then we were introduced to infertility. After one year of trying we went to see a docter, I had hysterosalpingogram and Hubby had a sperm test done. Everything came back normal and we decided to go see an iredolgist who had me taking a bunch of herb pills. 9 months later,(for a total of 2 years and three months) I was pregnant. We were ecstatic. Nine months later we met our oldest, Arabella. And we found out I have a balanced robertsonian translocation 14-21. This was 6 years ago and I am still learning all this implies. We were able to get pregnant rather quickly with our second child and that pregnancy took a lot out of me. 4 years later and I still feel like I'm recovering, could be from lack of sleep the last 6 years too. It's been three years that we've been trying for number three and nether of us want to go to a doctor to get drugs. I have had some hormones tested and know that I am hypothyroid and my estrogen and progesterone are unbalanced. I had a strong feeling of the thyroid and progesterone due to low temps and short luteal phases. I also struggle with my adrenal bring fatigued. So, for now I am tying to eat healthy, reduce my stress (not getting to far on that), raise my progesterone and lower estrogen. To raise progesterone I am drinking three to four cups of red raspberry leaf tea which I find yummy with just a little bit of hunny. For lowering the estrogen, I am taking chinese bitters and coptis for three weeks. Nasty stuff. And then Hubby and I are going to do a liver cleanse. After that, I'm going to start taking some thyroid support, either from natures sunshine or dessicated thyroid or thyroid cytrotrophin.
No comments:
Post a Comment