Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sleep

After telling Hubby's grandmother that we let the kids climb into our bed at night, she told me that she was afraid the girls are going to run all over me. I know I have a problem with consistency in dealing with my children but when you are asked the same question 50 times a day, it wears you down. But I don't feel letting my kids in my bed will lead to them running the house. The girls slept in our bed for the first nine months or so, or in a co -sleeper and the oldest was in our bedroom until she was two. We only had one bedroom. :) Now at just 6 and nearly 4 I am just starting to work on getting them to go to sleep in their own beds. Up until now they would lay in our bed and fall asleep. And as annoying as it could be because I would want to do something by myself or with Hubby before it was my bedtime, I do not regret it in the least. And yes, they will let themselves into our bed at any hour of night or morning and I'm perfectly okay with that. One of the joys is waking up with a beautiful little girl on either side of me. And yes, it's gotten to the point where they will climb in without waking me. But someday I will embarrass them, they will want to be alone, they will think they know it all or some other teenager trait and I will miss the early morning snuggles and tickle fights but I will never ever regret it.

No comments: