skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I don't want to grow up
I'm a toys r us kid. I just wanted to say that I have a knight in shining armor in the house. Two nights now, my lovely husband has gotten up at 3 am and fed Bella for me. He can be awesome sometimes. I think I'm getting the hang of feed, burp, change and pump. I am down to 45 min. if Bella eats good. If I didn't say, her jaundice level is good. Last Wednesday, we got a call from the hospital saying that Arabella's PKU (newborn test) came back abnormal. the day that was done she was dehydrated and her jaundice was high. I called the Dr's office and asked if they could order the test for down syndrome ( the Dr we've been seeing wanted us to go to Dayton or Indy to get the test done so we could talk to a genetic counselor). The office said that wouldn't be a problem, as soon as they found out what test it was. so, off to the hospital we go, again. They cut her heel for the PKU and told us they would have to draw from a vein for the other test. I didn't think this would be a problem, they didn't have any trouble with the IV or drawing blood while we were in the hospital. I couldn't have been more wrong. They tried to get her arm on the little changing table thing, they got a little blood but were having trouble getting her arm straight enough. so I got to hold her on the arm of the chair while they stuck her other arm, that didn't work. So we went over to the ER side and found a bed, maybe they could get her arm straighter. that didn't work They told us that the three partial vials might be enough blood but they didn't think so, so we could keep trying or come back another day. call me mean, but I didn't want to go back to the hospital. They brought in a Dr. and stuck the back of a hand the top of a foot and then in on last attempt her groin area. That one got it. the poor girl has a bruise every place they stuck her. Hopefully we get the results on Tuesday when we go for her Dr's appt. I am praying that the test works and she's done giving blood. Other things on my list of prayers, that she would start breastfeeding(soon), for patience, for K, for sleep, and wisdom. and lots more but I sadly can't think of them all.
3 comments:
Praying for your family...
the baby is beautiful!
Sorry, I am Grace's mom, Janal, I forgot she logged on to her account :}
Heather, You are in my prayers. I hope things calm down for you soon. I am still planning a visit--hopefully before she is 1.
Post a Comment