Friday, October 10, 2008

I have

a cold. I do not like colds.

Other than that we are doing good. I had an appointment with the midwife on the 8th, she said the baby's heart rate was 164 (normal is 120 to 160) and it feels like the head is down. For those of you who don't know or can't remember, we are planning on having the baby at home. We feel this is the best for us, just as safe as a hospital and much more comfortable (I am trying not to think of the pain, please don't remind me :P ). If the midwife says we should go to the hospital, to the hospital we go. I've been trying to find a website I could share with you but they are all Very one sided.

We did the ring test, to see if it's a boy or girl (we aren't going to have an ultrasound to find out). To do the ring test, you put a gold or silver ring or a needle on a string and hold it over your hand until it starts moving (don't let it touch your hand), then you put it over the baby. If it goes back and forth it's a girl and circles is a boy. It is really weird to see this happen and to my dismay every time I hold the ring over the baby, it goes in circles. K is happy about it. His boss says we are having a boy, I think it's a girl and my aunt who does reflexology says a girl. It's fun to hear what people think and what the old wives tales say.
I have also found out that if you have heartburn while pregnant you have an 86% chance of having a hairy baby. I have heartburn.
Also, if you divide how many weeks along you are by 4.44 that tells you how many months. At 31 weeks, next Tuesday I will have 7 months down and 2 months left.

No comments: